Welcome

Welcome to my blog ...thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Zippy Pouches

Hello again!

I've been busy sewing up zippered pouches as gifts for expat friends who are returning to the US this summer. I have been experimenting with different fabrics and methods for creating the Radschlager, which is the symbol for the cartwheeling child seen all over Dusseldorf.

The incomparable Kristy of During Quiet Play was generous enough to help me with a pattern in EQ7. I have so much to learn about that program!

First up, I made a pale grey quilted pouch with red floral cartwheeler. My mega pile of charm packs was perfect for this paper pieced project. 
Zippy Pouch 1
The entire gift with red Dusseldorf skyline mini painting
Next up, a more pastel palette was in order for my friend Miss A.
"Paisley pouch"
Zippy Pouch 2 with white city skyline mini painting

For my 3rd attempt, I decided to try imitation leather. All these fabrics so far have been from my stash. Since fabric prices are sky high here in Deutschland, it makes it easy to shop around in my own stuff! This pouch is made from a cream and black print with pale yellow lining and zipper. The symbol and gift recipient's initial is maroon. The great thing about the imitation leather is that it doesn't fray, so I didn't need to reinforce it with quilting, or applique it on.

Zippy Pouch 3 with yellow city skyline mini painting
That concludes my going-away gift giving, but I am still experimenting. A few friends asked about purchasing pouches, so I decided to make a few extra while I have time. The final 2 were made assembly-line style, so they went a little more quickly. This time, I used red felt for the cartwheeler and a charcoal print from Madrona Road with red interiors and tiny zipper charms. There's even a little "dusseldorf" stitching at the bottom.
Zippy Pouches 4 & 5

This more than completes #5 on my FAL Q2 list!
FMT



8 comments:

  1. These are fantastic Francine! Thanks for participating in the 2016 FAL on behalf of the global hosts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect one ,I am using most of them .. Thankyou so much
    goldenslot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Keep it up. Thanks for advice. It is wonderful information for me.
    ไฮโล

    ReplyDelete
  5. จบปัญหารถยนต์เข้าซ่อมแซม ไม่มีรถยนต์ใช้ เดินทางด้วยรถเมล์ ยิ่งในเวลานี้ปัญหาด้านมลพิษด้วยแล้ว มั่นใจว่าคนอีกจำนวนไม่น้อย ไม่ได้อยากต้องการเผชิญกับปัญหานำรถยนต์เข้าซ่อมแซมแล้วจำเป็นต้องพึ่งรถยนต์สาธารณะรถเช่าระหว่างซ่อมแซมBanana rent-a-car รถเช่าที่ให้ เช่ารถเช่าราคาไม่แพง แล้วก็ยังรักษามาตรฐานการให้บริการรถเช่าลุกค้าที่มีความรู้สึกว่าเช่ารถราติดอยู่ถูกแล้วจะเจอกับปัญหาต่างๆแม้กระนั้นตรงนี้ รถเช่าระหว่างซ่อมแซม ของพวกเรามีแม้กระนั้นรถยนต์คุณภาพดี สะอาด ไม่มีกลิ่นเหม็น จะต้องตรงนี้เลย รถเช่าระหว่างซ่อมแซม ของ Banana rent-a-car รถยนต์ดี ราคาไม่แพง เอกสารไม่ยุ่งยาก ไม่มีบัตรเครดิตก็เช่าได้
    บริษัทรถเช่า
    รถเช่าสุวรรณภูมิ
    รถเช่าระหว่างซ่อม
    รถเช่าไม่ใช้บัตรเครดิต
    เช่ารถเก๋ง
    รถรับส่งสนามบิน

    ReplyDelete
  6. yours Zippy Pouches it amazing love it. is way to more rich please click https://www.sbo-betth.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. RR
    The Great Icescape ของค่าย PG SLOT เป็นเกมที่มีรูปแบบแปลกใหม่ ฉีกทุกรูปแบบของการเล่นสล็อต มีการดีไซน์เกม
    การออกแบบเกมที่ทันสมัยและน่าเล่น พร้อมโปรโมชั่นมากมายที่จะทำให้ผู้เล่นทุกท่านรวยไปด้วยกัน เพียงสมัครและฝากกครั้งแรกไม่มีขั้นต่ำ สนใจสมัครได้เลยที่ @SPS98
    สล็อต1234
    สล็อต1234

    ReplyDelete
  8. RR
    The Great Icescape จากการที่ลองเล่นแล้วรู้สึกว่าตัวเกมเล่นง่ายมาก
    แต่การได้รางวัลอาจจะยากไปนิด พอได้รางวัลโบนัสแล้วหนึ่งครั้ง โบนัสก็จะแตกอีกเรื่อย ๆ
    ตัวบล็อกจะถูกทำลายลงไป ทำให้การชนะครั้งต่อไปง่ายมากขึ้น และได้เงินรางวัลที่เยอะมากขึ้น ถ้าบล็อกถูกทำลายจนหมดก็จะทำให้ได้รับโบนัสก้อนโตอีกด้วย
    สล็อต888
    สล็อต888

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Sure beats talkin' to myself! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...