Welcome

Welcome to my blog ...thanks for visiting!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

mistakes were made

I bought this really cool book a month or so ago (after admiring it for weeks on Amazon.)








I've been really looking forward to trying some things. I even found a website on which a group of sewing enthusiasts are gong through and making all the projects over the course of this year! Pink Chalk Studios sew along.  Ahh the petite diaper bag looked so adorable in the book. 


I'm trying to look at mine as a learning experience. I really had to scrounge and piece in order to get enough "ingredients" together for the project. 

  • I learned that you actually need to read through the entire process first AND understand it. 
  • I learned not to use powerful Pelton as the interfacing. The book just said to use interfacing - it gave no guidance (I don't think) as to the strength, so I guess - wrong. Have you ever tried to maneuver this stuff? I broke out into a sweat trying to flip the tab inside out after it was sewn. The bag is now stronger than me. 
  • I learned that the little piece on the changing mat is supposed to be left open in order to attach it to the bag - I confidently sewed mine shut and quilted it before realizing it should've been left open. I didn't even bother with the Velcro.
Ah well, my "petite diaper bag" looks like a wine bag which is what it’s going to be. I’m thinking that the changing mat could be padding between 2 bottles of wine or maybe some sort of pouring placemat because drinking wine is way more fun than changing diapers.


pouring mat

Super Strong wine bag

4 comments:

  1. Wine bags...hmmm...there may be a market in Idaho for those... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that there is an amazing Riesling from Idaho that would really work in this bag!

    ReplyDelete

  3. RR
    การเล่นเกมนี้ได้อย่างมหาศาลแน่นอน เพราะตัวเกมออกแบบมาเพื่อเอาใจนักเล่นเกมออนไลน์ที่ชอบเสี่ยงดวงหรือเสี่ยงโชคโดยเฉพาะ
    ซึ่งหากใครสนใจอยากมาลองเล่นเกมมวยไทยแชมป์เปี้ยนเกมนี้ สามารถสมัครสมาชิกเข้ามาที่ไลน์แอดได้โดยค้นหา @SPS98 (มี @ นำหน้า)
    ในแอปพลิเคชันไลน์ หรือเข้าเว็บไซต์ Superslot 98 เพื่อเล่นผ่านระบบ PC ได้เลย
    สล็อตออนไลน์
    สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

  4. RR
    ลิงสามตัวมีชื่อว่า See No Evil, Hear No Evil และ Speak No Evil หรือที่เราจะรู้จักกันเป็นอย่างดีในชื่อของ
    ลิงปิดตา ลิงปิดหู และลิงปิดปาก ตามลำดับ พวกเขาทั้งสามชื่นชอบการแช่บ่อน้ำพุร้อนมาก เนื่องจากเป็นการปรับสภาพร่างกายของเขาให้เข้ากับช่วงฤดูหนาว
    แต่ทั้งสามก็แสนซุกซน เพราะมีบางตัวชอบอยู่ในบ่อน้ำร้อนไม่ออกไปไหนเลย บางตัวชอบซ่อนตัวอยู่ในไอน้ำร้อนเพื่อสอดแนม
    และบางตัวก็ชอบขโมยเสื้อผ้าของผู้มาแช่บ่อน้ำร้อนเพื่อมาปิดตา สิ่งนี้ทำให้ผู้เข้ามายังบ่อน้ำพุร้อนนั้นปวดหัวไปตาม ๆ กัน
    พวกเขาทั้งสามรู้สึกผิดจึงอยากจะขอโทษทุกคนด้วยการมอบของขวัญให้
    สล็อต888
    สล็อต888

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Sure beats talkin' to myself! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...