Welcome

Welcome to my blog ...thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

WIP Weds ~ final bee blocks

Hello there! I am so happy to have finished up the last of my bee block commitments for awhile. A long while. A long, long, while.

First up, my hive in Stash Bee is completed this month. Our final queen bee asked for crazy quilt blocks in pastel/muted colors for her daughter's quilt. I raided my stash bin and (hopefully) found some fun fabrics for her. I also found a few novelty charms that fit the color scheme. Sara asked for an approximately 16" untrimmed block.

I can't wait to see her finished quilt! I was worried that my choices might be a little bright, so hopefully she can find something useful in this pile of accompanying scraps.



Finally, I'm participating in a Christmas block swap with a group from FB. We are using the You are Here Tute by Happy Zombie.

The finished block looks cool but it's pretty time consuming with the combination of HST, stitch & flip and flying geese blocks. Matching points are a challenge as is getting it to the correct size! I think the technical term for it is "fiddly" and there is lots of creative pressing going on around here. The other term for it is PITA, but I finished all 8 blocks.
I used Joy and Flurry charm packs  from Kate Spain. Seeing them laid out together makes me happy, but not motivated to ever make this particular block again, so I'll have to sash the heck out of the blocks I receive to get a throw sized quilt.

Now I'm working on my IGMini for the last swap of the year. The design is inspired by Lady Harvatine's log pyramid quilt. She hosted a quilt along last year and I really like her color choices!
The plan
The progress



linking up
WOW ~ WIP Weds &
Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts

FMT

6 comments:

  1. love your plan for the igmini! i'll look forward to seeing how that comes out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Francine, I really like your Kate Spain Christmas blocks!! I had that very block pegged to make for my swap partner last month but in 1" squares all layout out onto paper and sewing the seams at one time. As much as I like the pattern, that was WAY TOO MUCH work! I went for something simpler, but still don't know what to do with the pretty Kate Spain fabric. I found on the Fat Quarter Shop a great tutorial to make a Christmas tree table runner with the Half Hexie Template!! ;-) Since I have the mini, I will be making in mini. But you have the larger one. That could be something to add to your project? Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG on all the blocks! We'd call those Christmas blocks foutery

    ReplyDelete

  4. RR
    Superslot 98 ขอบอกต่อเกม สล็อตออนไลน์ สุดน่ารัก ! แพนกวินน้อย The Great Icescape
    ทางซีกโลกใต้หรือขั้วโลกใต้ในทวีปแอนตาร์กติกาได้เกิดพายุลมแรง และมีหิมะตกปกคลุมไปทั่วทุกพื้นที่ ทำให้นกเพนกวินจำนวนมาก
    ติดอยู่ใต้หิมะและจับตัวเป็นก้อนน้ำแข็ง เหล่าเพนกวินน้อยต้องช่วยกันทุบน้ำแข็งเพื่อช่วยเหลือเพื่อน ๆ ของมัน
    สล็อตออนไลน์
    สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete


  5. RR
    Wild ทั้งสามจะถูกรวมให้เป็นสัญลักษณ์ Wild แบบครอบครองทั้งรีล แล้วจึงจะเริ่มต้นฟีเจอร์การหมุนซ้ำเข้ามาทันที
    มารับของขวัญที่เจ้าลิงจอมซนทั้งสามจะมอบให้ไปพร้อมกันที่ SuperSlot 98 เว็บ Slot ที่ให้บริการเกม Slot ออนไลน์คุณภาพกว่า 30 ค่าย
    สล็อตออนไลน์
    สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Sure beats talkin' to myself! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...