Welcome

Welcome to my blog ...thanks for visiting!

Monday, June 13, 2016

Silk & Satin finish

Hello again!

A few months ago, a girlfriend came to me with some beautiful fabric she found on her recent trip to Dubai.  She mentioned that she'd read somewhere that a satin pillowcase will prevent wrinkles (not that she has any.) Although this picture isn't the best, the cream is a soft satin and the batik is a raw silk scarf - really pretty.


This fabric has been sitting on my sewing table ever since. Although I knew it wouldn't take long, I really wanted to get my doggie quilt finished first. I found a couple of great tutes here:

makeit-loveit.com

Using a quick combo of these methods yielded a pretty pillowcase. The main challenge was working with satin and silk. Once it is cut, it seems to immediately fray and the edges curve. I tried starching it lightly, but the only thing that seemed to work was lots of pins. I guess I have some practicing to do!
wavy wavy wavy edge

Final product - kinda dark out

I added a little edging detail on the hem

all done and ready to go! 

This is #1 from my FAL list. I'm on fire!

FMT

1 comment:

  1. So lovely! I've never sewn with silk before - this looks gorgeous! Thanks so much for participating in the Finish-A-Long, on behalf of all of the hosts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Sure beats talkin' to myself! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...