Welcome

Welcome to my blog ...thanks for visiting!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Mini Quilt Frenzy

I'm loving making up mini quilts! When you're making it up as you go, it's quite gratifying to finish in a few days (cause I'm slow) rather than weeks & weeks! I had an idea for a fishy quilt that came together using a couple of fat quarters and scraps from a twin size quilt that I started quite awhile ago but have yet to finish.


When my resident quilt admirer (age 2) came in and saw it, she exclaimed, "The fish says BLOOP BLOOP!"


I raw-edge appliqued a large and smaller fish and a hook. The fish are smiling and have button eyes. I quilted lines of water and small fish outlines which can be seen even better on the back. Cool! AND I'm proud to say I'm using up some of my great big stash of fat quarters!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Sure beats talkin' to myself! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...