Welcome

Welcome to my blog ...thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What I've been up to

In the midst of back-to-school shopping and last minute summer hanging out time with my gals, I've been trying to get some sewing done! I've been told to get my shop "fully stocked!" I wanted to get started on some baby quilts in addition to the totes that I've done.  It's made for some laaaate nights, but I just love to see progress.


The baby quilt that I finished tonight took about 3 days of catching a few minutes here and there to sew. I always spend a great deal more time stewing over what to do than I do actually doing it. I had a couple of HSTs (half square triangles) leftover from a quilt I made a few months ago for my nephew and thought they could make a cute lovey sized blanket. I'm pretty happy with the result.
adding borders, log cabin style

Voila - complete with sashing & self binding

A view of the back - red flannel bordering the odd HST leftover

quilted in the ditch of the front blocks


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Sure beats talkin' to myself! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...